At Detroit Name Plate Etching, we’re pleased to offer laser cutting services to our customers. Laser cutting is great for custom shapes and hole patterns in your projects. DNPE uses high-powered CO2 lasers to cut uncommon shapes to meet your exact specifications.
How does laser cutting work? The laser is a high-intensity beam of infrared light. The cutting machine focuses the laser beam on a precise spot on the flat material. When the narrow beam hits the material, the laser vaporizes it away. The machine’s computer programs the laser to follow the cutting line in your design. Because the computer controls the cutting and it’s not done by hand, it is extremely precise.
Laser cutting offers many advantages for your project, including:
- Precision: Laser cutting offers a level of precision that is difficult to achieve with other methods. If your project requires delicate and detailed designs, laser cutting is a great option. The very narrow cut width allows for sharp edges and corners as well as small details. In addition, the lack of vibration allows the machine to cut smaller parts than a router.
- Smooth Edges: Laser cutting leaves perfectly smooth, clean edges, which means there is no need for sanding or other post-cutting work.
- Fast: Our powerful, modern equipment allows us to complete your project quickly and meet your deadlines.
- Cost Effective: Laser cutting is extremely cost effective compared with other methods.
- Flexible: Lasers can cut a wide range of materials and thicknesses, so you are not limited in your choices.