Dye sublimation is a versatile solution for many custom printing needs. But what is dye sublimation, and why would you choose it for your products?
Sublimation is the process of going from a solid to a gas without becoming a liquid (like dry ice). During the dye sublimation printing process, we use high heat and pressure with special inks, which causes the dye to change from a solid to a gas and bond with a special treatment on the aluminum surface. The dye then becomes a permanent part of the metal.
What Are The Advantages?
Dye sublimation printing has several advantages:
- Scratch resistant: If you run your finger over a product produced with dye sublimation, you won’t feel anything. That’s because the dye has become part of the product rather than just printed on the surface. Because the dye is infused in the metal, it won’t scratch off.
- Multiple finish options: Our dye sublimation aluminum products are available in satin silver, satin gold, satin bronze, and white. This allows you to get exactly the look you want for your product.
- Long-lasting and bright color: Products printed with dye sublimation are extremely long-lasting and vivid. The special dyes retain their colors for years because they are permanently bonded to the aluminum.
- Heat resistant: Dye sublimation can withstand high heat without melting or running, which means you can use these products in industrial areas with high temperatures.
- Easy to clean: Items printed with dye sublimation can be wiped clean without fear of the ink smearing. This makes these products ideal for locations where they need to be cleaned regularly.
- Light weight: Aluminum is very light, making it easy to mount on a wide variety of surfaces.
- Great for small runs: The dye sublimation process is ideal for small runs of nameplates, business cards, photos, plaques, seating and locker tags.
If you’d like to learn more about the dye sublimation process and its many advantages, contact us. We can discuss your needs and design custom products just for you.